Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Director of Online Learning, Wisconsin eSchool Network
UW-Stout: Good Training Opens the Door to Your Future
The Wisconsin eSchool Network is a rapidly expanding statewide network of school districts that share resources to support high quality online teaching and learning initiatives to best prepare students for success in the 21st Century. Local districts autonomously determine how the online resources will be used within and by their districts. Students from throughout the state are eligible to enroll in online courses, whether for a single course or as a full-time online student. The Network anticipates reaching 5,000 enrollments for 2010-11. The Wisconsin eSchool Network’s unique, highly sustainable model provides opportunities for a knowledgeable and experienced leader to facilitate the Network’s vision.
This is a full-time, 12 month position with salary and benefits negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Director reports to the Governance Board and/or Advisory Board or their designee.
The Director of Online Learning will execute the Wisconsin eSchool Network vision and mission for online learning; he/she will have full responsibility for developing and meeting the Network’s goals for revenue, growth and quality. He/she will be responsible for the overall management and expansion of the Network.
• Provide vision, leadership and strategic planning
• Collaborate with the governance board to develop and maintain the Network by-laws, policies and procedures, contracts etc.
• Develop an annual budget based upon Network strategic goals
• Collaborate with Online Learning Coordinator (OLC) on day-to-day operational decisions
• Collaborate with Network Partner District Liaisons to identify online learning priorities on a regular basis
• Facilitate Partner district relationships
• Manage operations for all core centralized financial and data driven tasks. This includes: budget, business records, accounting, contracts, invoices, reconciliation, staffing etc.
• Develop and maintain contractual relationships with key technology and content vendors
• Develop a recruitment and outreach program to attract new district Partners
• Oversee development of marketing plan, press releases, conference presentations
• Design, implement and oversee a district mentoring program for new Partners
• Represent and advocate for the Network at the local, state and national level by engaging in policy and politics of online learning
• Coordinate with the governance board: (i.e. prepare agendas, act as liaison to Partners as a group)
• Seek and secure grants and foundation funds to support the initiatives of the Network
• Oversee all operational tasks in collaboration with the OLC
• Write and submit conference proposals
• Keep apprised of new and emerging instructional technologies
• Address inquiries from outside districts, parents, students
• Work with the OLC to plan the agenda and facilitate the Network Partner meetings
• Coordinate Virtual High School (VHS, Inc) allocations
• Masters required, preferably in education or administration
• Management experience, preferably management of an online program
• 5 years experience with teaching and online learning
• Demonstrated success as a leader of large scale projects
• Solid understanding of best/promising practices of online and blended/hybrid learning
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with program and project evaluations
• Working knowledge of current technologies
• Experience with instructional design
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume` and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applicants:
- Qualified candidates need to submit their resume` and transcripts by April 30, 2011.
- Selected candidates will be asked to supply references prior to interview in early May 2011.
- Contract start date to be negotiated, potentially June 1, 2011