ELearning Classes

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pioneer Tales - How I got started as an online teacher

There is an old joke

Do you know how you can tell the pioneers?
... They are the ones with arrows in their backs!

I've survived the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".  I still love this journey.

The following audio explains how I got started teaching online with Connected University. 

I recorded this story for students in EDUC 764 The E-Learning Practicum. These folks are busy interning as online teaching and working on new careers. The mentored online teaching experience is the last step in earning our Graduate Certificate in E-Learning and Online Teaching.

Sometimes a little history helps! 




My first paid job online was as a Guide for Connected University. This image is a snap shot of my responses to the Icebreaker prompt in my first 'audition training' for Connected U.

The campfire is an evocative image.  I was inspired by David Thornburg's seminal work: Campfires in Cyberspace: Primordial Metaphors for Learning in the 21st Century.

~ Dennis O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.